I have taken the decision to restart driving lessons from 19th April
I will again support and follow the current Government and DVSA guidelines regarding driver training – obviously there is going to be a period of transition whilst I adjust my schedule to take account of postponed tests and pupils’ current availability, therefore I would be very grateful for everyone bearing with me whilst we readjust again to working together 🙂
- As previously, I will again need confirmation from all pupils prior to the lesson that they are fit and well and have not been in contact with anyone showing any symptoms of the virus within the last 7 days.
- If I feel that the pupil is showing possible signs of the virus, I reserve the right to cancel the lesson. This may mean the lesson is cancelled before commencing or terminated part way through.
The safety and wellbeing of the pupil, myself and our respective families and friends is my primary consideration
- I will contact the pupil with as much notice as possible if I or anyone with whom I have been in contact have been showing symptoms of the virus within the last 7 days.
Please note I reserve the right to charge for the lesson if the pupil cancels without due reason and I feel it would be safe for the lesson to go ahead.
- All pupils will be required to wash their hands for at least 20 seconds before leaving their house/place of work prior to entering the vehicle (it will also be a good idea for the pupil to have their own hand gel with them)
- I will use hand gel prior to meeting the pupil, and will use antibacterial wipes/spray to clean all contact areas including:
- Door handles (inside & out)
- Window/mirror controls
- Seat adjusters/head restraint/seatbelt
- Gear lever/handbrake
- Steering wheel
- Indicator/wiper stalks
- I will provide hand sanitiser and antibacterial wipes if required
- Both myself and the pupil will need to provide and wear face coverings at all times in the vehicle for the duration of the lesson.
- If the pupil wishes to wear disposable gloves this will be acceptable, however the pupil must provide these and then keep and dispose of them after the lesson.
- Please wear clothing that provides as much covering as is reasonable – short sleeves are considered acceptable.
- I will, wherever possible, be keeping windows open ( I have fitted wind deflectors to help keep the interior comfortable and prevent rain entering the vehicle)
- Parents/guardians will not be permitted to sit in on any lesson or driving tests.
- New pupils will need to provide driving licence details before the first lesson, and complete an online licence verification process – the licence will need to be available for inspection on the first lesson, but I will not physically handle it.
Conducting the lesson
It may be necessary to adapt the format of the lesson in some instances – face to face contact will need to be avoided where possible, and if I need to intervene in any way which involves coming into contact with any of the controls, these will be wiped down as soon as it is safe to do so.
Payment for lessons
I wish to avoid handling cash and cheques wherever possible – therefore, I would be grateful if all pupils pay by bank transfer.
Payment for blocks of lessons will need to be made prior to the first lesson and pupils wishing to pay as you go will need to complete the payment before the lesson commences.
I reserve the right to refuse to conduct the lesson if payment has not been received.
I trust that by everyone observing these conditions, we will once again be able to get back to driving lessons safely and with some sense of normality! 🙂